My husband and I got married this past May in one of California's growing wine regions- Paso Robles, CA. We fell in love with the Central Coast wine country while visiting in 2016.
After a whirlwind wedding, we spent a couple extra days in the area and were lucky enough to take a full day to visit some of the best wineries in the area. We loved them all but one really stood out to us.
That one was RN Estate.
RN Estate is an incredibly small production vineyard and winery out of Paso Robles. Winemaker Roger Nicolas bought the property in Paso after years of working in the restaurant business. He and his partner Claire, live on the property and produce from the vineyards planted right on their hills. They also source some of their grapes out of the Santa Maria Valley.
There are a lot of things that make RN special, but the top two for me are:
1. If you visit RN, you are visiting Roger and Claire's home! You taste at their table, meet their giant great danes, and get to learn about their wines in an incredibly intimate environment.
2. They make incredible wines at relatively reasonable prices. The majority of their bottles range between $40-$60 per bottle. That may sound pricey but if you've had the opportunity to visit some great CA wineries you'll recognize the amazing value of these RN wines.
When we left Paso, we couldn't stop thinking about the wines we had from RN. For that reason, we made the decision to join their wine club! As part of the wine club we receive two shipments per year each with six bottles. And we just received our first shipment!!
With this shipment we received (in order above):
- 2014 Pinot Noir, Solomon Hills, Santa Maria Valley
- 2015 Pinot Noir Fiddlestix Vineyard, Sta. Rita Hills
- 2009 Cuvée des Artistes (Library)
- 2014 Harmonie des Cépages
- 2015 Rive Droite (Right Bank)
- 2015 Cabernet Franc
We absolutely can not wait to drink these! We'll be purposefully looking for a "special occasion" to break in to our first bottle. That special occasion might just be a Friday night.
Are you a wine lover? If so, what do you like to drink?